Alumni Update (Jun 2016)
1. Reception for North Korean guests (Sunday 19 June)
Come and join us for a drink to hear about North Korea from North Koreans and why volunteers travel with Choson Exchange to North Korea, one of the most isolated countries on earth.
Date: 2016.06.19. (Sun), 4pm
Venue: LeVel 33 @ MBFC Tower 1; 8 Marina Boulevard Singapore 018981
Contact: [email protected]
About Choson Exchange
Choson Exchange brings groups of experienced professionals like you to teach business skills to budding North Korean entrepreneurs in Pyongyang, and also sponsors Koreans to travel to Singapore for study programmes. Founded by Geoffrey See, a Penn alumnus, Choson Exchange is a non-profit focused on supporting entrepreneurs in North Korea through economic policy, business and legal training. Since its founding, Choson Exchange has trained over 800 North Koreans, and brought close to 100 North Koreans to Singapore for further exposure. CE alumni have gone out to set up innovative retail businesses, business parks, and economic policy research institutes.
If you have a background in business, marketing, management, finance, starting a company, or if you are just curious about our work, join us for a drink for a chance to meet North Korean partners who are visiting Singapore and meet former workshop leaders who has travelled to North Korea several times. To find out more about Choson Exchange, visit our website at www.chosonexchange.org and check out The Economist's article on our workshop in North Korea
2. ALUMNI MBA Admissions Meet & Greet (Thursday 23 June)
Reconnect with the Wharton community and share your experiences with prospective candidates interested in pursuing an MBA at this reception. Join MBA Admissions Staff members along with other local alumni for this intimate and high impact night! Wharton will return to Singapore this month, and has invited all local alumni to attend an informational reception for prospective MBA applicants. They will be holding an event for prospective MBA applicants on June 23 from 7-9pm; The event format will be tweaked from the “usual” information session in a few ways:
- We will cap the applicant attendance size to 50-60 applicants total, to keep things as intimate/conversational as possible. We are also targeting high-potential applicants for this invitation-only event.
- The event focus will be about connecting applicants with as many local alumni as possible. We have received consistent feedback from applicants over the years that these conversations with alumni are the most helpful part of the MBA research and application process.
- We would like to introduce each alum in the room, so applicants feel comfortable mingling and chatting for the bulk of the event time.
Please register via the button below, and then begin to spread the word among local alums! Thank you again for your help and support of the school! Hearing alumni perspectives makes a world of difference for prospective students.
Date: 23-June (Thursday), 7pm - 9pm
Venue: The Fullerton Bay Hotel; 80 Collyer Quay; Singapore 049326
For any queries relating to the Penn and Wharton Alumni Club of Singapore, please email us at [email protected]
Please forward this onto any relevant Penn and Wharton alumni whom you think may have missed this!